Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise business, has announced a new set of features and solutions for Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform) today at HPE Discover 2021: The Edge-to-Cloud Conference.
Designed to improve network operations and optimize IT productivity for companies, Aruba ESP, updates include new AIOps, IoT and security features for Aruba Central – the cloud-native, AI-powered network management and analytics platform that sits at the heart of Aruba ESP – as well as additions to the Aruba CX Switching portfolio that are purpose-built for the Intelligent Edge. With these improvements, IT can more quickly expand the network from the edge to the cloud, all while maintaining a seamless, unified experience.
Aruba Central, which is serves as the foundation for HPE’s Compute Cloud Console, now has new cloud-native management capabilities, include:
- Self-healing AIOps that deliver on the promise of closed-loop remediation, in which problems are automatically exposed and repaired before end users or business performance are impacted, without requiring any manual effort on the behalf of IT operators
- A new IoT Operations service that extends network monitoring capabilities to sensors, connectors, and other IoT infrastructure, along with an integrated app store that allows customers to deploy best-of-breed applications from Aruba IoT partners in a few clicks
- New cloud-based authentication and policy capabilities for end users across a wide range of devices, including SIM-enabled clients, that allow automatic, secure network access — delivering a consistent user experience while making it easier for IT administrators to regulate network access
Working in concert, these advancements further help to achieve Aruba’s vision of delivering a unified infrastructure and new levels of operational simplicity that allows IT teams to focus their attention on more business-critical areas.
Aruba Central has grown significantly after joining Aruba ESP. Aruba Central now handles over 100 million client endpoints and 1.5 million devices for over 100,000 businesses worldwide.
Aruba is expanding its flagship CX Switching portfolio to support customers with their network connectivity needs including two new series of switches, specifically:
- The Aruba CX 4100i, a family of ruggedized switches designed to withstand extreme temperatures and harsh environments, well-suited for industrial IoT applications that require always-on PoE and high-performance wired connectivity
- The Aruba CX 6000, a cost-effective, layer 2 solution purpose-built for remote offices and the SMB market
These new CX switching lines extend the reach of the cloud-native AOS-CX operating system and provide enterprises with the flexibility to embark on new company initiatives and take advantage of new business opportunities at their own pace.
Aruba Central software upgrades and new CX switches will be available in the fall of 2021.Starting list prices for the Aruba CX 4100i series and the Aruba CX 6000 series switches will be $4,999 and $1,049 USD respectively. Both solutions are available as-a-service, either as a managed service or via GreenLake for Aruba.