Infosys Finacle, part of EdgeVerve Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Infosys and Union Bank of India, a leading public sector bank in India, has announced the availability of its banking services on WhatsApp following the successful implementation of Finacle Conversational Banking, Finacle Remote Banker, and Finacle Mobile Teller solutions.
The new service from the bank, called Union Virtual Connect (UVConn), will give its retail customers personalized, daily banking services, at their preferred time, place, and in seven languages initially. With Finacle, the bank has also transformed its branch banking experience, by optimizing branch and teller performance, minimizing queues, enabling relationship manager mobility, and improving operational efficiencies.
- Finacle Conversational Banking and Remote Banker ensure an engaging conversational experience throughout a customer’s digital journey with the flexibility of human assistance as required. The capabilities include – text, voice, or video messaging, along with sharing images, documents, and other content
- Union Bank’s customers can now safely connect with the bank’s official number, via the end-to-end encrypted WhatsApp messaging interface, from their registered mobile numbers with added levels of authentication
- Finacle’s solutions offer comprehensive capabilities to customers for banking on the go, on a device of their choice. These include requests like account balance, mini statements, cheque status, cheque book request, stop cheque payment, locker rent enquiry, and auxiliary services like doorstep banking, UMobile app, account opening (retail loan, saving, and NPS), linking Aadhaar number, ATM/Branch Search, grievance redressal, nomination registration, and cyber security tips
- Union Bank will be able to onboard new customers remotely and instantly, via secure messaging on WhatsApp in a quick, frictionless, and digitized manner
- Finacle Remote Banker is agnostic to any messenger interface and can work seamlessly with multiple messenger ecosystems. This enables the bank to extend conversational banking experiences to other popular chat messenger platforms as well
Shri Rajkiran Rai G, Managing Director & CEO, Union Bank of India, said, “It has always been our endeavor to build lasting relationships with customers by offering simple, fast, and contextual banking solutions and experiences with improved convenience. In line with this vision, we have introduced this service on WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world. Our retail customers can execute a host of their banking requirements on their own, without visiting a branch, instantaneously and securely. With Finacle Conversational Banking and Remote Banker we can now tap into the growing prominence of social media in everyday life. We expect this simple and convenient form of banking to add immense convenience to our customers and hope to see its rapid adoption in the months to come.”
Sajit Vijayakumar, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Infosys Finacle, said, “Union Bank of India is adapting to the constantly changing needs of their customers and meeting them with new-age banking experiences. WhatsApp has been one of the most popular messengers, revolutionizing the way people interact, and India has one of the largest WhatsApp user bases in the world. With Finacle Conversational Banking, Finacle Remote Banker, and Finacle Mobile Teller, Union Bank of India continues its journey towards making banking faster, easier, and more engaging, building on its illustrious heritage while reinventing itself for digital-first banking.”