In an interaction with CIO AXIS, Meheriar Patel, Group CIO, Digital Solutions, Jeena & Company, talked about some of the key cybertrends and discussed digital transformation in the backdrop of the challenges brought about by Covid-19.
What are your proposals to accelerate the digital transformation of companies and return to a new post-pandemic normal?
1. Accelerate the must haves in Infrastructure, connectivity and End Points upgrades as required.
2. Use effective solutions in Collaborations, Security, New Automation to ease workloads
3. Try to work on the Connected Interfaced World of using data exchange as means to ease
4. Check on manpower and ramp up effective skills and training
5. Do a business orientation workshop specific to requirements.
Can you please share some of the unique lessons learned from Covid-19?
1. Prepare for the worst
2. Plan effectively, target 2 years
3. Always build robust Security
4. Start Building Cloud Resilience and DR
5. Plan what business needs, do not force IT to users.
What technologies and trends will your organization be focusing on next year?
1. Definitely AI and MR
2. Data Science
3. Communication and Collaboration Platforms
4. Prediction and Data Analytics
5. Security for the Unseen
How will the cybersecurity sector look in a post-COVID-19 world? What do you expect to be different when it comes to cybersecurity and hiring in a post-COVID-19 world?
1. New Challenges will keep coming in Security
2. Setup the must haves.
3. Look out for new technologies that can guide and support you from vulnerabilities.
4. Partner with Startups.
5. Build Security Governance Team