Cisco has announced the general availability globally of Cisco SecureX on June 30, 2020. Cisco SecureX is the broadest and most integrated cloud-native security platform, included with all Cisco Security products to simplify and enhance the way customers manage security, on June 30, 2020.
SecureX comes as organizations juggle to manage business and security challenges at unprecedented scale. This is due to the acceleration of digital transformation and rise in remote workers. Cisco has a long-standing commitment to connect and protect its customers working from anywhere, on any device, and furthers its mission to unify and optimize its security portfolio.
Managing an organization’s security is complex – from keeping up with new business processes, tracking evolving threats and navigating a sprawling vendor landscape. Data from the C-suite backs this up. According to Cisco’s CIO Perspectives 2020 survey of 1,300 global CIOs, the top two challenges facing CIOs are security, followed by complexity. More than two-thirds of CIOs feel they are being stretched too thin. One-way security leaders are battling this complexity is with vendor consolidation. Newly released data from Cisco’s 2020 CISO Benchmark Report revealed that when dealing with a cyberattack, organizations with more security vendors experienced longer downtime, higher costs and more breached records.
To address current and future security challenges, SecureX connects the breadth of Cisco’s integrated security portfolio with customers’ entire security infrastructure for a consistent and simplified experience. It unifies visibility, enables automation, and strengthens security across network, endpoints, cloud, and applications. With SecureX all new and existing customers will benefit from these capabilities and more without incurring additional cost:
• Unified Visibility – SecureX provides key operational and threat metrics across network, endpoint, cloud, and applications. With the SecureX ribbon feature, the platform is integrated in every single Cisco Security technology so customers can access platform capabilities seamlessly across all products.
• Automation to Increase Operational Efficiency – Customers can automate workflows across products from Cisco Security and third parties so they can focus on more impactful tasks. SecureX can save customers hours of manual work by automating threat hunting based on CiscoTalos threat intelligence and other intelligence sources.
• Strengthened Security – SecureX threat response enables security experts to quickly identify impacted targets and remediate within minutes by correlating intelligence data from multiple intelligence sources and telemetry from network, endpoint, email, cloud, and third-party products.
“With SecureX we wanted to reimagine the way our customers experienced security by making it simple and automated,” said Gee Rittenhouse, SVP and GM of Cisco’s Security Business Group. “We knew this would be transformative for the industry, but we could never have predicted just how important this would be to security and IT professionals at this very moment. In this new and dynamic world, customers need a security platform that can protect employees wherever they work and meet the challenges of today and the future.”
In addition to the simplified experience SecureX brings, Cisco Security is also unveiling new enhancements and integrations to further secure the remote workforce including:
• Greater unified user and device protection through an integration between endpoint security and MFA.
• Customers can use cloud email with greater confidence. Cloud Mailbox Defense for Office 365 provides complete email visibility (inbound, outbound, and internal messages) with context to strengthen protection against advanced email threats such as phishing, ransomware, spoofing and spam.