1. Which disruptive technologies are finding favour in the financial industry?
Offering of Open Banking API for fintech, Biometric KYC (using face, video and finger prints), Mobility, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence are very disruptive and finding favour in financial industry.
2. What are your role and responsibilities as VP & Chief Information Security officer at DMI Finance?
My role is to develop security framework for the entire DMI Finance Group, to name a few include business automation, cloud strategies, information security, cyber security strategy and other regulatory compliances.
3. What’s the IT roadmap of DMI Finance?
DMI is taking many IT initiatives for automation, cost optimisation, high availability, multi cloud management and data security.
4. Since insiders have more access to information, what kind of processes do you have in place to prevent unauthorized use of information? How is DMI Finance’s cyber security strategy going forward?
- We have necessary check and controls for addressing our insider threats. Awareness programs, review of policies and procedures and constant monitoring of exceptions.
- For Cyber Security we are putting NIST,CIS controls to prevent any data leaks.
5. With your experience of steering technology, can you please share some of the unique lessons learned.
- Don’t speak jargons to Board and Senior Management, use simple approachable steps.
- Invest in your health while you keep grading your jobs.
- Always look from the attackers’ view.