HP today announced a new portfolio of HP ProLiant Generation 9 (Gen9) Servers that will help customers reduce cost and complexity, accelerate IT service delivery and enable business growth.With new technology features and workload-optimized design, the new server portfolio advances HP’s vision for compute, the future of data center technology.
IT organizations—under increasing pressure to quickly and efficiently deliver more applications and services, as well as store and deliver exponentially increasing amounts of data while reducing costs—are constrained by traditional data center and server architectures. The new HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers are designed to address these challenges, delivering flexible, scalable computing resources that are aligned to companies’ business goals. The combination of HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers and HP Technology Services help customers capitalize on compute innovations while confidently moving their traditional infrastructure to the New Style of IT.
The new HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio is a major delivery milestone in HP’s compute strategy, which addresses IT demands with a vast pool of processing resources that can be located anywhere, scaled to any workload and available at all times. The servers are optimized for convergence, cloud and software-defined environments,and feature new technology innovations such as:
- HP-unique PCIe accelerators and HP DDR4 SmartMemory that increase compute capacity.
- Converged management across servers, storage and networking to enable a software defined enterprise.
- Faster setup, monitoring and firmware maintenance with reliable, secure and innovative embedded management, including UEFI and RESTful APIs for hybrid cloud environments.
- PCIe Accelerators, HP SmartCache and HP FlexFabric adapters that deliver improved performance.
The rise of mobile, cloud, social and big data is driving the need for a new approach to the data center and its processing engine—the server—to enable successful business outcomes,” said Vikram K, director, HP Servers, HP India. “HP created the x86 server market 25 years ago, and we have led this market ever since with innovations that have dramatically transformed the data center, such as HP Moonshot and HP Apollo. Today, we’re setting the stage for the next quarter century with HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers and compute, which combines the best of traditional IT and cloud environments to enable a truly software-defined enterprise.”
Unleash new possibilities for compute with HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio
With the HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio, which is designed to run modern workloads, enterprises will be able to support key business goals, such as delivering new mobile services to employees or customers in minutes, turning unique customer behavior data into actionable insight in seconds, and capitalizing on business opportunities in real-time.
HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers span four architectures—blade, rack, tower and scale-out—to give organizations the ability to:
- Triple compute capacity and increase efficiency across multiple workloads at a lower total cost of ownership with design optimization and automation.
- Accelerate IT service delivery and increase infrastructure provisioning upto 66 times faster when combined with HP OneView converged management features that will be available later this year.
- Improve workload performance of business-critical applications up to four times to drive business growth with unique HP storage, memory and networking innovations.